Facebook Twitter Linked In Back to FMCB

Investment Center

Articles: Closing the Donut Hole

Do you or another family member fall into the Medicare “donut hole”?  If an individual’s prescription drug expenses under Medicare Part D exceed an annual threshold of $2,830, he or she must pay 100% of any expenses until reaching another threshold of $4,550.  Then, Medicare picks up 95% of the cost, while the individual pays the remaining 5%.

Saving grace: The donut hole begins to close in 2011. Anyone reaching the donut hole this year is entitled to a 50% discount on brand name drugs and a 7% discount on generic medications.


This newsletter/advertisement is produced for our clients, friends and associates through an arrangement with WPI Communications, Inc. for the representatives’ use. Although the editorial content is professionally researched, written and edited, neither our firm nor any of its agents, representatives or associates make any representations regarding the accuracy of the content or its applicability to your situation. The information in this communication is not intended as tax or legal advice. In accordance with IRS Circular 230, the information provided herein may not be relied on for purposes of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Any tax advice contained in the body of this material was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by the recipient for the purpose of 1) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions, or 2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. You are encouraged to seek tax or legal advice from an independent advisor.

 

Back to Top

Bank Among Friends
First Minnetonka City Bank
First Minnetonka Investment Center is a registered branch of LaSalle St. Securities, LLC.
Securities are offered through LaSalle St. Securities, LLC., Advisory Services offered through LaSalle St. Investment Advisors, LLC.
 LaSalle St. Investment Advisors, LLC is affiliated with LaSalle St. Securities, LLC.- a registered broker/dealer.
Tam Hubert, CFP® and Kristi Remus are registered representatives of LaSalle St. Securities, LLC.
940 N Industrial Dr., Elmhurst, IL 60126-1131. Member FINRA / SIPC. Not a deposit. Not FDIC insured.
Not insured by any Federal Government agency. Not guaranteed by the bank. May lose value.
Disclaimer
No
Yes

The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of:

Mission

Enforce the Fair Housing Act and other civil rights laws to ensure the right of equal housing opportunity and free and fair housing choice without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or family composition.

Major Goals

1. Reduce discrimination in housing by doubling the Title VIII case load by the end of 2000 through aggressive enforcement of civil rights and fair housing laws;

2. Promote geographic mobility for low-income and minority households;

3. Integrate fair housing plans into HUD's Consolidated Plans;

4. Further fair housing in other relevant programs of the Federal government; and

5. Promote substantial equivalency among state, local and community organizations involved in providing housing.